You may buy the best plants for your garden, but, if the quality of your gardening soil is poor, they will not bloom the way you want them to. Good gardening soil is deep, loose, fertile, and well-drained, both internally and on the surface. It also has plenty of organic matter, and is free of weeds and diseases. There are five basic kinds of gardening soil:
- Clay soil – Very few plants can survive in a heavy clay gardening soil as it doesn’t allow room for much air.
- Sandy soil – This soil has trouble holding moisture and nutrients for the plants
- Silt soils – Somewhere between clay soil and sandy soil, silt soil is very beneficial for gardening.
- Peat soil – While it is rich in organic matter, peat soil is too acidic for most plants.
- Saline soil – Found in arid climates, this type of soil is very alkaline and infertile.
People living in Southern Ontario, especially around the communities of Oakville, Milton, Burlington and Mississauga have problems with the level of sand and clay in their gardening soil. Therefore, it is advisable to use a good soil mix. This provides plants with a favorable environment to flourish in.
For the best mixes for your gardening soil come to Van Beek’s. We have more than 50 years of experience in providing gardening solutions. Our Triple Soil Mix is the original soil mix preferred by amateurs and professionals alike. To learn more about our special gardening soil mixes get in touch with us over the phone. Or, visit an outlet nearest you. We are located in Oakville and Mississauga.
- Garden Soil
- Soil Mulch
- Topsoil Suppliers
- Landscaping Materials
- Patio Paving Stones
- Lawns Sod
- Buy Grass Seed