Garden Soil Oakville
Most people hardly associate any importance to soil- Oakville homeowners that visit Van Beeks now know otherwise. The soil that provides the base of their gardens have made their plants and flowers noticeably better.
Thinking of your garden soil in Oakville as an inert substance could be the biggest mistake a gardener could make. Garden soil is no more inert than the person who tends to the garden. A handful of soil contains more living organisms than there are people on this planet. The ordinary looking garden soil is alive and it should be treated as such.
Everybody wants to know the tips to improve the quality of their garden soil- Oakville, Burlington and Mississauga homeowners have been coming to us for answers for years. Here are some general tips that you may find useful.
- For the best garden soil, try to use a wide variety of organic matter to boost the nutrient content and fertility of the soil.
- Adding livestock manure provides essential nitrogen to the garden soil. However, avoid overusing manure as they can provide excess amounts of some nutrients, like phosphorous.
- Regular use of compost (about one-quarter inch per season) can improve your garden soil’s water retention.
- Planting cover crops, like legumes, is a valuable technique to improve the fertility and structure of your garden soil.
- Avoid tilling your garden soil excessively. It is detrimental to soil life. You can reduce the need to till the soil by keeping it covered at all times by using mulch.
Van Beek’s has been providing gardening solutions to communities like Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Mississauga since 1962. We know what works best for your garden. For reliable products, genuine customer service and some good, sound advice on gardening get in touch with us today.
- Garden Soil
- Soil Mulch
- Topsoil Suppliers
- Landscaping Materials
- Patio Paving Stones
- Lawns Sod
- Buy Grass Seed