Here in Southern Ontario, paver stones are a popular choice in gardens, patios, walkways, driveways and steps. Because they are available in a wide variety of colours, sizes and shapes, these stones are an extremely flexible building material.Topsoil is the topmost layer of the soil. It usually covers the top 2 to 8 inches and has the highest concentration of organic matter and micro-organisms. This makes it extremely rich in nutrients. That’s why plants generally concentrate their roots in this layer.
Using Interlocking Pavers for Your Landscaping Project
If you live in a home where you entertain guests on a regular basis, you can see how interlocking pavers and stones can create a warm, friendly and distinctive atmosphere. Interlocking pavers from companies such as Unilock can be used in a variety of imaginative and innovative ways:
- Garden borders and accents
- Outdoor fireplaces, kitchens and barbecues
- Pillars and columns for gazebos and pergolas
- Planters and seat walls
- Swimming pool and spa decks
An Alternative to Concrete Patios and Driveways
Paver stones and bricks are becoming a popular alternative to traditional materials because of the many benefits they offer:
- Pavers are easier to maintain than concrete slabs, since you can easily wash or replace damaged or stained stones and bricks.
- Newer paver stones and bricks made from Unilock (a pre-cast flagstone product) can also last as long as stone or concrete.
- Pavers are much easier to use than concrete slabs and can be installed by just about anyone.
- Stones and bricks are more slip-resistant that concrete slabs.
- These materials are less prone to damage from snow shovels, salt and de-icers.
- Pavers look virtually identical to natural materials.
At Van Beek’s Landscape Supply, we sell Unilock interlocking pavers through our Oakville and Mississauga locations. You can visit and see all of the different colours and styles and ask our experts about new design trends and patterns that are popular throughout Southern Ontario.